Grupo Nutresa contributes to the human and territorial development of the countries where it operates in order to strengthen people’s potential, putting at the service of society and all allies its knowledge, practices and experiences by means of the collaboration and the implementation of relevant, effective and sustainable initiatives that have a positive impact on the improvement of the learning processes and drive the stakeholders’ competitiveness, the respect for Human Rights, as well as people’s nutrition, health and well-being. This will be fulfilled by acquiring new knowledge that allows developing high-impact and significantly relevant innovations.
NUTRITION AND HEALTHY LIFESTYLES
Offering products and menus that provide the consumers with alternatives that meet their nutrition and wellness expectations, and actively promoting healthy lifestyles by means of awareness-raising and education campaigns and programs with an emphasis on responsible consumption.
- Innovating in products while meeting nutritional and health-related criteria.
- Reducing the content of critical nutrients regarding public health.
- Promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Implementing front-panel nutritional labeling on all products.
HUMAN TALENT MANAGEMENT AND INCLUSION
Consolidating an inclusion-driven and diverse culture that fosters the comprehensive development of the human capital, thus achieving availability, commitment, productivity and balance by means of safe and healthy work environments.
- Talent transformation.
- Strengthening the Human Rights management system.
- Creating diversity, equality and inclusion opportunities.
- Managing the well-being and the quality of life of the employees.
- Strengthening the workplace health and safety management model for suppliers and contractors.
DEVELOPMENT OF TERRITORIES AND SOCIAL INCLUSION
Implementing comprehensive actions that guarantee the development of capabilities and the connection of base-level communities with real opportunities in terms of employment, entrepreneurship and educational continuity.
- Implementing projects focused on developing capabilities in the communities.
- Implementing projects for the development of school leadership and management capabilities among teachers and academic directors.
- Implementing education strategies to create employment and entrepreneurship opportunities for young people and women.
- Developing the socio entrepreneurial capabilities of farmer associations that provide Grupo Nutresa with supplies.
- Managing programs of sustainable value chains in Grupo Nutresa.
TRACEABILITY, QUALITY AND SAFETY OF PRODUCTS
Ensuring the satisfaction, well-being and nutrition of consumers with safe and high-quality products under strict compliance with the legal framework based on the quality management and food safety systems.
- Consolidating the certifications and maintaining the management systems.
- Guaranteeing food protection.
- Strengthening the business relations with suppliers and comakers, with the corresponding enforcement of applicable requirements.
- Building capabilities for the exports to the United States by implementing the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
- Managing food regulatory procedures.
- Strengthening the safety culture.
- Enhancing the capabilities of the Organization’s own laboratories.
- Applying 4.0 technologies.
Designing and undertaking initiatives focused on eradicating hunger and malnutrition, creating healthy food consumption possibilities through the development of sustainable agricultural capabilities.
- Implementing actions focused on building capacities related to food security and sustainable agriculture in both urban and rural communities.
- Contributing to the eradication of hunger and malnutrition by working jointly with the food banks.
- Raising the stakeholders’ awareness about the importance of food production and consumption, and how these affect the planet.
Managing and promoting high-impact innovation by collaborating with the global science, technology and innovation ecosystem in order to gain new knowledge that allows researching and developing products, services, experiences and business models.
- Incorporating the capabilities of companies or entrepreneurship projects that anticipate the forward planning of the Businesses and their H2 and H3 innovation initiatives.
- Promoting organizational growth via intrapreneurship initiatives.
- Innovating in opportunities with a significant impact.
- Strengthening the technological monitoring processes.
- Creating and managing the innovation ecosystem map.
- Consolidating the Scientific Research Center in Food, Health, and Nutrition, Vidarium, as a source of information on health and nutrition.
- Thoroughly using Imagix 2.0 programs and tools.