During the third quarter of 2021, Grupo Nutresa’s sales grow 11,7% with a 12,9% EBITDA margin29 October, 2021
- Grupo Nutresa discloses its 2030 climate change strategy based on four strategic pillars: Resilient sourcing; Sustainable operations and logistics; Innovation in terms of carbon-efficient products, services and experiences; and Environmentally responsible investment.
- The Company’s consolidated sales, as of September 30th 2021, grow by 11,7% amounting to COP 9,1 trillion. Organic growth stands at 11,2%.
- Sales in Colombia amount to COP 5,5 trillion, representing a 14,5% increase in comparison to the corresponding term in 2020.
- International sales, for COP 3,6 trillion, are 7,7% higher than last year’s revenues. When stated in dollars, these sales amount to USD 964,5 million, growing 7,8%. Organic growth stands at 6,4% in COP and 6,6% in USD.
- Innovation-driven sales represent 16,6% of Grupo Nutresa’s total revenues.
- Consolidated EBITDA for the term amounts to COP 1,2 trillion, representing a 5,4% growth, with a 12,9% margin on sales.
- Net profit amounts to COP 534.979 million, with a 14,0% increase.
- Staring October 20th, Grupo Nutresa’s shares can be traded in the Santiago Stock Exchange in Chilean currency.
Grupo Nutresa’s commitment to mitigating climate change
Grupo Nutresa acknowledges the reality of climate change, which is why it has designed a strategy for 2030 that includes explicit commitments based on four strategic pillars: Resilient sourcing; Sustainable operations and logistics; Innovation in terms of carbon-efficient products, services and experiences; and Environmentally responsible investment.
Aligned with this strategy, the Company is committed to leading multiple actions across its entire value chain that foster the reduction of greenhouse emissions, increase the productivity of natural resources, implement measures to adapt to climate change and favor the regeneration of ecosystems in order to preserve biodiversity and inspire change.
For further details about this strategy, please click here.
Grupo Nutresa S. A. (BVC: NUTRESA) discloses its consolidated earnings results as of September 30, 2021.
As of the closing of this year’s third quarter, Grupo Nutresa’s sales amount to COP 9,1 trillion, 11,7% higher than the sales achieved for the same period in 2020. Excluding the acquisition of Belina, a Costa Rican pet food company, organic sales growth stands at 11,2%. Innovation-based sales continue driving the Company’s growth significantly and represent 16,6% of its total sales.
Revenues in Colombia grow 14,5% when compared to the same period of 2020 and amount to COP 5,5 trillion, which represents 60,9% of Grupo Nutresa’s consolidated sales.
International sales, which totaled COP 3,6 trillion, are 7,7% higher and represent 39,1% of total sales. When stated in dollars, these revenues amount to USD 964,5 million, representing a 7,8% growth. Organic growth abroad stands at 6,4% in COP and 6,6% in USD.
Gross profit stands at COP 3,8 trillion, growing 9,2%. This increase is lower than the rise in revenues mainly due to higher global costs of both commodities and freight.
Grupo Nutresa’s operating profit amounts to COP 867.050 million, which is 8,4% higher than the equivalent profit for the third quarter of 2020. This result reflects a productivity-centered management approach and a larger investment in our brands across all the regions where we operate.
In terms of profitability, the Organization reports a consolidated EBITDA of COP 1,2 trillion, with a 5,4% increase in relation to the same period in 2020 and a 12,9% sales margin.
Net post-operative expenses amount to COP 82.201 million, and are 39,1% lower than last year’s expenses due to a significant reduction in financial expenses.
Finally, consolidated net profit amounts to COP 534.979 million, 14,0% higher than the profit recorded in the third quarter of 2020, representing 5,9% of Grupo Nutresa’s sales.
In other highlights, Grupo Nutresa gladly announces that, as of October 20, its shares can be traded in the Santiago Stock Exchange. This operation is possible after an agreement established between the Colombian Stock Exchange and the Santiago Stock Exchange, which stimulates dual-listings of the main issuers from both markets and allows the companies’ shares to be traded in local currency.
For Grupo Nutresa, this initiative is an opportunity to take part in a market with greater liquidity and depth. For the Chilean investors, it represents an option to participate in the region’s FMCG dynamics and to diversify its portfolio by investing in an organization with strong corporate governance standards and direct presence in 16 countries.
Separate Financial Statements
The Separate Financial Statements of Grupo Nutresa S. A. report COP 543.386 million in net operating revenues, from which COP 475.640 million correspond to the profit obtained through the equity method of the investments in food companies and COP 67.746 million correspond to dividends from the investment portfolio. Furthermore, the net profit totaled COP 540.744 million.
The Consolidated and Separate Financial Statements, and the statement of financial position, as of September 30, 2021, as well as the related financial indicators, are an integral part of this release.