Grupo Nutresa is the most sustainable food company in the world, according to the DJSI 202013 November, 2020
- Grupo Nutresa was named Industry Leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices in the food sector, one of the most prestigious global benchmarks for corporate sustainability.
- The Organization also ranked first in the World, Emerging Markets and MILA indices.
- The Company has been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for ten consecutive years, a fact that sheds light on its longstanding management work and leadership in the implementation of sustainability practices and the generation of value for its stakeholders.
- This year, the DJSI evaluation comprised 106 companies from the worldwide food industry, which were assessed in terms of their corporate practices across multiple sustainability dimensions.
- Grupo Nutresa presents a superior performance in eleven sustainable practices, thus reflecting its effort towards ensuring an efficient resource management operation focused on the care for both people and the environment.
Medellin, November 13, 2020. Grupo Nutresa was acknowledged as Industry Leader, top honor granted by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices 2020 in the food sector, also leading in each one of them: World, Emerging Markets and MILA Indices. The Dow Jones Sustainability Indices assess and rate the economic, environmental and social practices of the companies that make part of them. The ranking is jointly powered by S&P Dow Jones Indices and SAM.
In 2020, the DJSI evaluating team assessed 106 companies from the worldwide food industry in terms of their corporate practices across the multiple sustainability dimensions. The Organization’s continued presence in this index for ten consecutive years reflects the deep commitment, strong leadership and consistent hard work of its entire team in the search for top competitiveness while implementing the best economic, social and environmental practices. Moreover, it is also an acknowledgment of Grupo Nutresa’s corporate capability to generate value for society as a whole.
This year, Grupo Nutresa exhibited a superior performance in eleven material topics, which is clear evidence of the Organization’s efforts towards having an efficient operation in terms of resources, focusing on the care for people with the aim of generating economic development and social progress with the minimum possible environmental impact.
The material aspects led by Grupo Nutresa are the following: materiality, risk and crisis management, information security and cybersecurity, tax strategy, and health and nutrition in the economic dimension; packaging materials, environmental reporting and water-related risks in the environmental dimension; and human capital development, talent attraction and retention, and social reporting in the social dimension.
In this regard, Carlos Ignacio Gallego, Grupo Nutresa’s CEO, stated that: “being part of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for ten straight years is, in addition to an extraordinary reason to be proud, the confirmation that we are at the level of the top worldwide companies in this field. We are celebrating our first 100 years with the certainty that our sustainability practices allow us to ratify our connection with society and people even further, generate value for our stakeholders, promote both competitiveness and development, and build a better future for everyone”.