Grupo Nutresa’s six months sales grew 8,5% with an EBITDA margin of 13,0%30 July, 2021
- As of the closing of the first half of 2021, Grupo Nutresa’s consolidated sales amount to COP 5,8 trillion, 8,5% higher than the revenues for the first half of the previous year.
- Sales in Colombia totaled COP 3,5 trillion, increasing 11,2%.
- International sales, which amounted to USD 625 million, are 6,6% higher to those of past year’s first half. In COP, this growth is equivalent to 4,5%.
- Innovation-driven sales represent 16,9% of Grupo Nutresa’s total revenues.
- The consolidated EBITDA of the period amounts to COP 749.186 million, representing a 0,4% growth over the same period in 2020, with a 13,0% margin on sales.
- Net profit amounts to COP 366.709 million, an increase of 11,5%.
- Grupo Nutresa was ranked as the second company in terms of talent attraction and retention in Colombia, and the first in the food sector, according to corporate reputation monitor MERCO Talento 2021.
Grupo Nutresa S. A. (BVC: NUTRESA) discloses its consolidated earnings results as of June 30, 2021.
Medellin, July 30th, 2021. As of the closing of the first half of 2021, Grupo Nutresa’s total consolidated sales amounted to COP 5,8 trillion, 8,5% higher than the sales reported for the same term of the previous year. Innovation-driven sales represent 16,9% of the total sales.
Grupo Nutresa’s revenues in Colombia maintain a positive trend, amounting to COP 3,5 trillion, which represent 60,8% of the total sales, with an 11,2% growth rate in relation to the same period in 2020.
International sales, which totaled to USD 625 million, are 6,6% higher than those of past year’s first half and represent 39,2% of the total sales. When stated in Colombian pesos, these sales are equivalent to COP 2,3 trillion, representing a 4,5% growth.
Consolidated gross profit stands at COP 2,4 trillion, growing 6,1% over the equivalent profit recorded in the same period of 2020. Gross margin decreases 1,0% compared to the previous year’s first half mainly due to the increase in the cost of some raw materials associated with the global commodities supercyle.
Grupo Nutresa’s operating profit amounts to COP 541.035 million, which is 0,8% higher than the one reported for the first half of 2020. These results consider a 7,7% increase in operating expenses, which include expenses associated with biosecurity and cleaning measures, an increase in non-recurring logistics expenses, and a higher investment in our brands at the points of sale.
In terms of profitability, Grupo Nutresa reports an EBITDA of COP 749.186 million, which represents a 0,4% growth over the same period in 2020, with a 13,0% margin on sales.
Net post-operative expenses, which amounted to COP 34.642 million, decreased 58,0% as a consequence of a significant reduction in financial expenses.
The consolidated net profit amounts to COP 366.709 million, which is 11,5% higher and represents 6,3% of the total sales.
In other relevant events, we are proud to report that Grupo Nutresa was ranked as the second company in terms of talent attraction and retention in Colombia, and the first in the food sector. The ranking was published by corporate reputation monitor MERCO Talento 2021. This honor acknowledges our determination to promote an organizational culture focused on caring for people, the development of our teams’ skills and talents, and the comprehensive well-being of our employees and their families.
Finally, and in line with our commitment to the care of life and health of our employees, Grupo Nutresa was part of the cluster of Colombian companies that joined the National Business Association of Colombia vaccination program, Empresas por la Vacunación, which supports the National Vaccination Plan. With this initiative, the Organization seeks to immunize all of its direct employees and apprentices free of cost. As of July 30th, 65,9% of Grupo Nutresa´s Colombian employees had already initiated the vaccination process.
Separate Financial Statements
The Separate Financial Statements of Grupo Nutresa S. A. report COP 371.515 million in operating revenues, from which COP 303.769 million correspond to the profit obtained through the equity method of the investments in food companies and COP 67.746 million correspond to dividends from the investment portfolio. Furthermore, the net profit totaled COP 370.613 million.